Uninstall McAfee Security Center – McAfee Security Center was developed by the McAfee to provide the protection from the viruses. But now it is replaced by the McAfee Total Protection. In case you want to Uninstall McAfee Security Center then you may follow the basic guidelines. Here in this article, we are going to discuss various methods to Uninstall McAfee Security Center.
Methods to Uninstall McAfee Security Center – mcafee.com/activate:
Method 1 – Use MCPR Tool:
- First of all, close all the McAfee programs running currently.
- Furthermore, you need to download MCPR tool from the manufacturer website.
- After that, double-click on the downloaded file to run the installation of the MCPR tool.
- Wait to complete the Clean process and then restart your system, when prompted.
- Once the system restarts then the process will be finished.
- In case you need any help related to clean up process then you may contact McAfee Support.
Method 2 – Remove .adf files:
- First of all, you need to open the Windows Explorer and then find McAfee program folder.
- You may also find it by visiting C:\Program Files\McAfee.
- Now you need to open folder “\Agent\App”.
- Furthermore, select all the files with the .adf extension and then remove all.
- Now, you need to select Add or Remove option and then select McAfee Security Center.
- In conclusion, you need to click on the Change/Remove to uninstall the application from your system.
Method 3 – Uninstall using Control Panel:
For Windows 8 and above:
- First of all, click on the start and then click on the Settings.
- Furthermore, click on the Apps, select the McAfee Security Center from the list.
- Now click on the Uninstall option, then click Yes, when prompted.
- Wait until the process is finished and then restart your system to save the changes you have made.
For Windows 7 or below:
- Click on the start button and then select Control Panel from the menu.
- Now you need to click on the Programs and Features, select Programs.
- And then click on the Uninstall a program under the Programs tab.
- Furthermore, select the product from the list to remove and then click Uninstall.
- Wait until the process is finished and then restart your system.
- First of all, you need to open spotlight by clicking on the magnifying glass.
- Type Terminal in the search box, and then click search.
- Furthermore, select the Terminal from the search results and then enter uninstall command.
- Type the given script and then press enter.
- Sudo /Library/McAfee/cma/scripts/uninstall.sh
- Now you need to enter the Administrator password, when prompted and then follow the instructions.
- After that, You need to click Continue to proceed further and wait until the uninstall is completed.
- You can now restart your Mac to finish the process, once the process is completed.
By following either of the methods given above, you can Uninstall McAfee Security Center from your system. In case you need help then contact McAfee Support or visit mcafee.com/activate.
FAQs – mcafee.com/activate:
- uninstall McAfee LiveSafe windows 10
- McAfee won’t uninstall
- McAfee uninstall stuck
- how to uninstall McAfee LiveSafe
- how to uninstall McAfee on mac
- can’t uninstall McAfee
- how to remove McAfee from Windows 8
- McAfee LiveSafe won’t uninstall
If you wish to fix these issues then contact McAfee Support for the further assistance. For more information or troubleshooting steps you may visit mcafee.com/activate.