5 Tips to Protect Yourself on Social Networks – Protects Yourself on Social Media – Social Media plays a vital role in our day-to-day life these days. Everybody is on social media, sharing information related to their personal and professional life. But is it really secure to share your information on social media? McAfee helps you to protect your digital life safe from the data as well as identity theft. It gives you a notification when someone trying to connect to your system without proper permission. While sharing the information on social media you have to be very careful for certain things. Here in this article, we will be discussing 5 Tips to Protect Yourself on Social Networks.
5 Tips to Protect Yourself on Social Networks
5 Tips to Protect Yourself on Social Networks – mcafee.com/activate:
Use Unique Passwords:
- In order to protect yourself on social media, you need to make sure that you use a unique password for your account.
- You can use an alphanumeric password for your account. Which should be a combination of symbols, numbers, and alphabets.
- You should never share your password or login details with someone.
- In addition, you can change the password on a regular interval for the better security.
Say NO to automatic logins:
- You need to make sure that you don’t allow your browser to remember the password.
- Also, make sure you never used auto-login feature when you logged in to your system.
- As we all know that the data of your smartphone can be hacked very easily by using your email id. So never allowed your apps or browser to remember your login credentials.
Remove Previously Used Accounts:
- While you use an account then you share a lot of personal information on that account.
- So make sure, if you are not using any old account now then please delete that account.
- It is not safe to leave your personal information online which you are not aware of.
- Some of the websites or applications like tinder or many dating apps indexed with the google. So it is required to remove the data from these type of websites or apps.
- Geotagging allows everyone to see that where you are. Also with whom, in case you tagged that person in your post.
- Location services are very dangerous as they reveal too much.
- Social Media platform like Twitter and Instagram both use the geotagging. But most of the user is not aware of this feature of this platform.
- In order to protect your smartphones or tablets, make sure that you disable the location-based services.
- You should use location services like GPS and Bluetooth only when you need them.
Delete Third Party Plugins for Facebook:
- Third-party applications have designed to keep an eye on your behavior and interests.
- These applications collect the information when you logged in by using your Facebook login credentials.
- After that Facebook would know about your interests and the habits and what you were doing online. So it is best to read the terms and conditions first before login to third-party applications.
We have explained 5 Tips to Protect Yourself on Social Networks above. Hopefully, now you will be able to protect yourself on social media. In case you are still facing issues then you may contact McAfee Support. For further troubleshooting or information, you may also visit mcafee.com/activate.
FAQs – mcafee.com/activate:
- ways to protect your privacy on social media
- how to protect your privacy on social media
- social media safety tips for students
- how to protect your identity on social media
- how can you best protect yourself when using social media
- social media security tips
- how to stay safe on social media
- social networking tips
In case you are looking for the technical support to fix these issues then contact McAfee Support. You may also connect with our experts by visiting the link mcafee.com/activate.
#5 Tips to Protect Yourself on Social Networks
Hope you like the Article related to “5 Tips to Protect Yourself on Social Networks“!